Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I Who Interests Me

I have become bored with MySpace, and I'm sure anyone who has ever frequented www.myspace.com/thesouza has by now given up checking to see what might be new there. I can't get the hang of making it interesting to others, and nobody seems to leave any comments for me! Well....I guest that's probably because I don't make any comments on anybody's "space"...ever. What does that say about me?

I believe that I learned something about myself from MySpace: I might be a little more narcissistic than I thought. I am willing to admit that I am very much interested in my own self, but it is certainly harder for me to admit openly that I am not as interested in others. Reason is that if that were to be true than that would have to mean...that I'm mean...or arrogant or stuck up or something else horrible that might damage my own view of myself. Ah ha, back again to me!

Regardless of what may be difficult to come to terms with, I never spent much time on any other MySpace except for my own. There is no getting around that fact, and that has to say something.

"My my, I certainly am an interesting fellow aren't I?"
"Well, yes of course thank you my dear self!"
"What do you think of those other people?"
"Not interesting...besides they don't seem to be interested in me."
"Strange"

Philippians 2:20-21

3 comments:

Matt said...

I honestly don't really "get" either myspace or facebook. I have a profile on both, but only sign in once a month or so. Needless to say, I haven't spent a lot of time looking at other people's profile's either. I haven't deleted my accounts thinking that maybe if some random person from my past wanted to find me they could...but that hasn't happened at all in the years since I signed up. Maybe I should finally just give up and delete them.

I like blogs a lot more anyway.

Dani said...

Plus, you can't change anyone else's profile. You can only change your own!

Justin Souza said...

Good point, Dani!